Portraits of September Ladies Drawing Auxiliary attendees by David Blumenstein. The slightly mad looking older gentleman in the bottom right corner was not an attendee, but a character David is working on.
Sunday, September 30, 2012
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
|Lee Lai (previously working as Marisa Lai)|
Questions to ask Lee:
- Which train or tram line do you find the most inspiring for interesting overheard conversation?
- You have been studying drawing at Victoria College of the Arts, how are you finding this? How open are your lecturers to your sequential work?
- When did you start making animation? Is animation something you still plan to pursue or are you focusing primarily on drawing?
Questions to ask Mandy:
- People are often intrigued by how you ink, do you use brushes, marker pens or a mixture of both?
- Your comics used to feature white text on black speech bubbles but more recent comics have black text on white speech bubbles, what inspired this change?
- You create a monthly three or four panel strip for Trouble magazine, how do you find the experience of delivering shorter, often gag based comics?